Who can become a Certified Coach?
The program is for professionals who seek to improve their knowledge in all aspects of youth golf that can be utilized to enhance a current program or provide the basis for establishing a new program. Certification will help coaches increase their market visibility and professional value.
Advantages of Becoming a Certified Coach
U.S. Kids Golf holds a unique position in the golf industry as one of the only companies to focus solely on youth golf. With two decades of experience building and designing the best performing clubs for kids and conducting the largest youth golf tournament program in the world, U.S. Kids has collected the knowledge and data to sustainably grow the game at the youth level. Through the sharing of this information, we can help you improve your youth programs and increase your marketability and value. Other benefits include:
- Tools and resources to improve your youth program by incorporating expert club fitting, appropriate course set up, a kid-friendly curriculum and game-based coaching.
- A profile page on our website connecting to parents who are seeking junior golf opportunities.
- Use of the Certified Coach logo.
- Discounts on U.S. Kids Golf instruction program materials.
- Marketing and promotion through news releases and social media.
- Access to exclusive Certified Coach Facebook Group where ideas and best practices are shared.
- PGA and LPGA members can earn up to 10 credits.
Certified Coach Seminars
The U.S. Kids Golf Certified Coach Seminar is a one-day training that includes indoor classroom sessions and an outdoor live coaching clinic. Participants receive the USKG Games Guide and sample Learning Program curriculum. Coaches that complete the Certification will also receive Positive Coaching Alliance training and certification. PGA Members can earn up to 10 credits in the required category and LPGA members can earn up to 10 credit units.
The goal of the Certified Coach program is to assist professionals in enhancing their programs through the information shared, and knowledge gained, in the following areas:
- Organizing and Executing a Youth Program – The key ingredients for a successful youth golf instruction program.
- Expert Club Fitting – The important role properly fit clubs play in helping young golfers learn and enjoy the game.
- Swing Speed – Enabling young golfers to develop fundamentally sound swings and create more speed and power.
- Relationships – Creating positive interactions with the player and parent.
- Scaling the Golf Course – Providing enjoyable on-course experiences by playing proper yardages.
- Pathway for your Players – Utilizing a structured, incentive-based pathway to enhance your youth program.
- Game Based Learning – Using golf-specific games as a key component in training.
- Resources – Tools to train and assist professionals in youth coaching.
- Networking – Sharing best practices with other golf professionals and coaches.
Registering for a Certified Coach Seminar
To register for a Certified Coach Seminar please click Certified Coach Seminar Schedule.